Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, enroll right here. Plus, obtain Insider’s app for information on the go – click on right here for iOS and right here for Android.
Let’s get began.
1. Apple warns customers to replace iPhones, Macs, and Apple Watches after fixing a significant adware flaw. The corporate launched an emergency replace after studying of a vulnerability that allowed an Israeli adware firm to remotely infect Apple units – with out anybody clicking a hyperlink. Here is the whole lot it is advisable to know.
2. Fb has a system that grants elite customers immunity from its content material guidelines. Nicknamed “XCheck,” this system has protected Donald Trump, Doug the Pug, and different “influential” figures from being reprimanded for breaking the principles. Extra on Fb’s particular therapy for “PR dangerous” customers.
3. Crypto’s cool children are flocking to a social membership that prices $8,000 to affix. Associates With Advantages is a Discord channel with 1,235 members – and it simply landed a $100 million valuation from Andreessen Horowitz and different prime VCs. See why VCs and crypto lovers alike are dashing to get in on the motion.
4. Apple’s “California Streaming” occasion begins at 1 p.m. ET at this time. Apple is rumored to be asserting the iPhone 13, Apple Watch 7, and extra new merchandise. Here is easy methods to watch.
5. The distinguished Fb AI researcher who was on the middle of its misinformation scandals has left the corporate. Joaquin Quiñonero Candela, who most lately led Fb’s Accountable AI staff, introduced his departure on LinkedIn. Learn extra about Candela’s exit right here.
6. Uber Eats, Grubhub, and DoorDash are suing New York Metropolis. The businesses are suing town for capping the charges they’ll cost eating places, which they are saying might elevate costs for purchasers and scale back earnings for supply drivers. What we all know in regards to the lawsuit.
7. A Google supervisor really useful the corporate fireplace seven non permanent employees slightly than give them advantages. Google in the end solely fired one of many employees, with three months’ pay, and employed the remaining to full-time positions, the corporate instructed The New York Occasions. Get the total rundown right here.
8. Taco Bell is testing a brand new taco subscription. The corporate introduced a 30-day test-run of a subscription that will give prospects limitless tacos for $5. How you can money in on a free taco.
9. Cisco is scrambling to pivot to software program. With its present enterprise mannequin beneath menace, consultants say Cisco might want to pivot to software program if it needs to outlive – and that it is working out of time. Here is what analysts and former workers instructed us about the way forward for the corporate.
10. Amazon Net Companies companions fear it is pushing out the small companies that helped it rise. As AWS has grown into a large $59 billion enterprise, its smallest allies are saying its ecosystem has turn out to be more durable and more durable to thrive in. Why some fear they’re going to get squeezed out.
Compiled by Jordan Erb. Suggestions/feedback? E mail email@example.com or tweet @JordanParkerErb.
Join extra Insider newsletters right here.
Learn the unique article on Enterprise Insider